harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gcv5] is there an exclude list for "build test"?
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:19:50 GMT

> At the same time, I wonder if that's better for JIT to check the
> finalizable property for VM helper as well. I guess this can be easier
> for VM helpers since they are GC independent with standard interface.
> Only guess anyway, how do you think, Mikhail?

It's not a problem to check "isFinalizable" for JIT during the compilation.
The question is how to use this knowledge.
Today JIT has only 1 usage scenario: do not inline fast-path helper for
objects with 'finalize' method.
If JIT checks this property before generating a call to usual VM method what
is the option? Should JIT call different VM helper for allocation in this
case?

--
Mikhail Fursov