harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] HWA doesn't work
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:32:52 GMT
On 12/4/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that the SetBCPElement() should be a private
> member of BootstrapClassLoader but not public. Altering bootclasspath
> at runtime after complete initialization is not an allowable thing,
> and this should be enforced by design.

Alexey,
this method was made public for vmcore module to adjust bootclasspath during
initialization stage. This is the mechanism for components to register
their  Java code in VM during startup.
If we change the schema of registration of Java code for components (for
example, allowing modification of public bootclasspath property), then yes,
we can make this method private.

--
Mikhail Fursov