harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject [jdktools] Eclipse debugger is now supported with Harmony JDK
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:27:35 GMT
Once jdktools building problems and several JVMTI issues had been
fixed, I created local snapshot of Harmony JDK (using federated build)
and tested it with Eclipse debugger. It appeared working well on both
Windows and Linux (IA32), so it is possible now to use Eclipse
debugger for debugging Java applications running on Harmony JRE. I
think we can add Eclipse JDT debugger to the list of supported
applications.

There are still several minor issues with full JDWP support, I've
submitted them to JIRA and will provide patches for JDWP agent. I
revealed also a couple of JVMTI problems in DRLVM implementation to be
submitted to JIRA. All this does not prevent one from using Eclipse
debugger for typical debug scenarios, because these problems usually
appear in specific cases.

I'd like also to improve jdktools build to enable building and running
JDWP unit tests and include these tests into regular testing process.
This will check that JVMTI debug support is not broken with DRLVM
changes as it sometimes occur, but will probably require changing
testing infrastructure to use full JDK build instead of sole classlib
and/or DRLVM components. I'm going to work on this and would
appreciate any help.

I've tested also Eclipse TPTP profiler and it appeared working well
with Harmony JRE in general, but currently is blocked by HARMONY-2905.
Will continue working on this.

Thanks.
Ivan