harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools] Building jdktools and JPDA component
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:36:17 GMT
Makefiles for JPDA component in jdktools pass the following include
directory to native compiler:

  -I$(HY_DRLVM)\jdk\include

which is expanded to

  <…>\trunk\working_vm\build\deploy\jdk\include

However, default build for working_vm creates DRLVM build in a
platform dependent directory:

  <…>\trunk\working_vm\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\deploy\jdk\include

That's why header files from DRLVM were not found in my build. Do you
have DRLVM build in a platform independent directory?

We could fix makefiles to look into platform dependent DRLVM build
directory or look into VM sources (working_vm\vm\include). But, since
JNI/JVMTI headers are VM-independent, it's better to get them from
classlib, not from DRLVM.

However, now we have similar header files in classlib and DRLVM
sources and need to synchronize them in case of any changes. I still
think it's better to move these headers to common_resources/include
and use the same headers in both classlib and DRLVM builds.

Thanks.
Ivan