harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Harmony & Eclipse
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:26:57 GMT
> But for debugging I still use Visual Studio.

It is not easy to use Eclipse CDT debugger for debugging C/C++
application on Windows (in contrast to Linux). The problem is that CDT
debugger uses GDB from cygwin or mingw port, which works unstably with
code compiled with naive compiler (not GCC), and don't support
deferred breakpoints

So it's still possible with some workarounds for known problems, using
Visual Studio debugger is much easier on Windows. However, on Linux
Eclipse C/C++ debugger works fine on top on convenient GDB support.

Thanks.
Ivan