harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [build-test] thoughts on other formats
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 05:54:01 GMT
I've been thinking a little bit about our alert messages, and

1) I think that each system that's submitting should have an assigned
ID, so it's easy to figure out who is what.  It can be as easy as
self-assignment on the wiki registration page.  Just take the next
integer.  I put these up on the system list on the wiki.

2) I'd like to have a "sequence number" for each message, and then a
reference sequence number for "BUILD FIXED" messages, to make it
easier to figure out which break was fixed (for CC systems that are
running multiple things).  This may be a pita, though, as it's
stateful.  But it's already stateful, I guess.

3) How about basic machine-readable formatting?  Maybe something like
the message body be a combination of a meta data header and then the
current blob of stuff we currently have.

So :

<info>
	<systemid>1</systemid>
	<status>FIXED</status>