harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: How to mark ready-to-integrate JIRAs?
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:38:29 GMT

On Dec 28, 2006, at 7:34 AM, Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:

> Adding a mark to a JIRA comment sends a mail to commits list,
> and may be easily filtered out of "ALL the JIRA traffic".
>
> And as these messages are only interesting to committers,
> I think it's more convenient to have them in commits list,
> not the dev-list.

A few things :

1) They are not only interesting to committers,  they are interesting
to everyone.  People who aren't committers simply aren't committers -
yet-.

2) The dev list is a technical discussion list among humans. The
commits list is a utility list that carries commit messages and other
auto-generated stuff (like JIRA messages).

> Also, that way you can search in JIRA database, in addition
> to mail.

Ugh :)