harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [build] Downloading dependencies
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:54:31 GMT

You wrote about building classlib, didn't you?
"...any user building the classlib and dropping in J9..."

If you don't build it, you must have used a snapshot from our site, and
see the answer below.

>> But we need to include the DLL into snapshots so that users who don't
>> have the DLL are able to run application on top of Harmony.
>
>Yes, exactly.  My point.
>
>geir

Another question is that IBM VME might need another version of this DLL.
This situation needs investigation. But I believe there should also be
no problem because both msvcr70 and msvcr71 are in WinSxS folders. And
any DLL which are there is guaranteed to work with another version of
such DLL in one process. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually it should have the correct one included. IMB guys, does J9
distribution have msvcr71.dll?

Regards,
Alexey.

--