harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [build] Downloading dependencies
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:22:36 GMT

Do you have many builds of MSFT compiler? :)
I think it may be changed only with Service Packs to the compiler.

Having this in mind, I think there's only one version of DLL with same
name.
Any way it doesn't really matter what actual version the DLL is: when
you build the classlib or vm yourself, you'll have the correct version
of the DLL in system32 which shipped with the compiler. And this DLL is
guaranteed to be compatible with the compiled code -- any other version
is not.

Perfectly VM and classlib should be compiled with the same compiler
version. It'll be interesting if the HDK works where VM is compiled
against 7.1 and classlib against 8.0 for example...

Regards,
Alexey.

--
Alexey A. Ivanov