harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [build] Downloading dependencies
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:02:58 GMT

DLL
>>> will most likely be in system32.
>>>
>>> That's it.
>>
>> Agreed -- we were getting that DLL so we could distribute it to our
>> users who may not have the compiler installed.
>>
>> If we think it is more reliable to grab the DLL from system32/ than
>> download it we can do that.  I guess we look for a env var to figure
out
>> where windows is installed...
>

>Ok - so we seem to be agreed that :
>
>1) We can't count on it being on a user's machine
>
>2) We don't need to download it because it will be part of the tool
chain

>3) We need to then find it.
>
>Could we do something like
>
>    GetModuleFileName(LoadLibrary(....), buffer, size);

I guess it will work. But this should be in an application and the DLL
must be available in PATH so that LoadLibrary is able to load it.

I think it's easier just to copy it from system32 folder right from
build.xml. If a user is going to compile Harmony on Windows, they need
Microsoft compiler installed and thus they will have the DLL in
system32.

Regards,
Alexey.

--