harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [build] Downloading dependencies
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:43:39 GMT
In default installation WinXP does not have this library in system32.
This library is installed by Visual Studio 2003 and may be installed by
other software which was compiled with Visual Studio 2003 (which is
v7.1). Visual Studio 2002 (v7.0) has msvc70.dll, if I remember
correctly.

That is it may happen system lacks for this DLL. And Microsoft
recommends avoiding copying DLLs to system32 when installing an
application. Thus we better distribute this DLL in snapshots and further
releases because users may not have it.

On the other hand, if a person has Microsoft compiler installed, the DLL
will most likely be in system32.

That's it.

Regards,
Alexey.

--
Alexey A. Ivanov

MSVC

>you
>> >
>> > Yeah, I get it.  My point is that I'm still not convinced we need
this
>> > to be downloaded...
>> >
>> > So do we?
>> >
>> > geir