harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][testing] need a piece of advise: how we can handle VM crashes
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:11:39 GMT
On 12/6/06, Alexander Kleymenov <kleymenov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> To answer your question it is needed to understand what is the problem
> you are questioning about? If the problem is as
>
> On 11/29/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > detecting crashes during a test run
>
> then you are right. But if you meant
>
> On 12/1/06, Vladimir Ivanov <ivavladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
> > generate 'crashed' result for test
>
> you are wrong.

No, my patch also generates some results for crashed tests :)

These patches are implement the similar functionality but with different
approach.

Due to unexpected nature of crashes both of them will be useful. In the case
when even no report file was created the second one is better. But if vm
crashed after creation zero-length file the first one is better.

Thanks, Vladimir