harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [classlib][pack200] Status update (again)
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:59:13 GMT
Tim,

The patch has been applied to the Pack200 code, and I've raised a
separate bug for the separation of the pack200 stuff:

I still think a separate module makes sense, because even if the
build.xml compiles against 1.4, anyone who checks out the module to
work as an Eclipse project is going to inherit the 1.5 compiler
settings and be tempted to start sticking generics all over the place.
And it won't be clear from the person editing it what the compilation
error is, because it won't show up in Eclipse, just fall over when
checked into the build.

Having a separate module would allow a separate Eclipse project to be
loaded, with separate compiler checks during editing, as well as
manipulation of the Manifest.MF separately. And then it's pretty much
an OSGi bundle ready to roll for other uses.

Alex.