harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:02:20 GMT
Hi,
More responses below.

>(-) Renaming "Contribution policy" -> "Contributing" makes the link
vague
+1, but do you think we can say just "Policy"? the page is about several
notions.
>(-) Removing subcomponents map from the navigation pane (I use it all
the
>time)
+1 agreed to do earlier. Won't keep the classlib status page though -
have a more current wiki instead.
>(-) Removing "Source code" link (I use it regularly). And downloads
page is
>not
>the place I would go to look for a source code repository information.
+1 ok, I see it's a tension point.
>(-) Renaming "Mailing lists" -> "Subscribe" ("subscribe" is less
>informative)
-1 disagree. I tried to make this group of links more visitor-oriented,
add simple typical action verbs. It seems more important than the
abstract "lists" group.
>(-) The section "In the project" has no clearly defined subject and
looks
>like
>a heap of links randomly collected together.
0. hesitant. I don't know - I've tried to group the links for those
already in the project. The problem with some pages there - they're not
as good as they should be. Suggestions welcome.
>(-) Moving "Downloads" from "General" section to "Get involved"
section.
>Most
>of our users are not going to be involved. They would just want to
download
>and
>use the JDK/JRE.
0. reluctant. I'd prefer to keep General focused on the project, on
people and policy and goals. And I am not sure we have too many users
who want the JDK and won't be involved at all :)
>(-) Renaming navigation subsection "Community" -> "Get involved". It
now
>duplicates with the page title, and does not provide a logical
explanation
>of
>what links are listed in the section. "Community" was explaining the
group
>of
>links better.
0. hesitant. Community is more like people inside, and get involved is
more like resources for people outside. Just my opinion.
>(+) "JIRA" -> "Submit a bug" ("JIRA" is way too cryptic)
>(+) removing "ASF" link
 :)
>(*) FAQ page looks outdated and needs to be revised (e.g. in response
>Sun
>open-sourcing hotspot etc.)
+1 will file a JIRA..
>(*) "Site map" link in the navigation pane deserves a subsection of its
>own,
>and need not be grouped with any other links.
+1

Cheers,
Nadya