harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:52:19 GMT
Thanks for feedback.
>You are definitely moving in the right direction.
Great to hear that!

Specifics:

>That's nice - but instead of a subsection, why not have us find a
little
>bitmap or something we can use?  like a finger pointing at the links or
>something.  Just something to highlight it...

Great idea, but I'm not a good artist. Can find a standard bitmap
though. Do you think we can have the most important notes with this kind
of attention signs? I like graphics generally, so will think more about
this.

>I never saw that as a problem, actually, and would prefer the
>subprojects back.  it's also missing a bit of stuff that I think is
>important.
Ok, I am not sure whether to remove link to ASF and we might want to
bring the classlib/drlvm links. I also expect the sitemap (under
construction) to link to all those resources we have, so the menu might
be shorter.

Please also note that the menu and the starting page are not the only
places I fixed :) for example,
- downloads page now has the source code and the binary snapshots. To
me, it's more logical to have binaries and a corresponding source
downloadable from one place.
- committers page, Who We Are in the menu, where we now have committers
and contributors and pmc. This came from the guidelines page, it seems.
Here, I thought that setting roles in one place is also more logical.
- mailing lists page, Subscribe in the menu. Consolidated & restructured
a bit.

Cheers,
Nadya