harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:28:59 GMT
Hi all,

I've experimented a bit with our website to improve browsing and make
key pages or ideas stand out more.

See http://people.apache.org/~nadinem/docs/

This is only a starting point, and subject to change. Feedback most
welcome. We can use this location as a sandbox for improving the
website. I can volunteer to gather all ideas, make changes and post
newer versions for everyone to see.

So far, I've tried to address the following issues:

- longish menu with some links irrelevant

- unbalanced distribution of info between pages: some real long, some
too short

- uncontrasting home page and some others: too much info, not visually
organized

The current version does not fix all the issues, but I had them in mind
when making changes.  I discovered several pages more with outdated or
duplicated info, pages with info that belongs elsewhere, etc. So more
suggestions on how to improve are welcome.

I hope I'm at least moving in the right direction to make the website
read easily and naturally. Everybody's suggestions and critical remarks
are welcome.

Thanks,

Nadya