harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject FW: [doc][drlvm][classlib] trunk has old doc files
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:06:35 GMT
Folks,
I am sorry to re-iterate over the same topic, but I haven't seen any
solution and do not know what to do. In fact, the question seems to be
large enough for both classlib and drlvm docs. Opinions welcome.

There seems to be lack of clear policy on where and how we store
documentation, or it's just me.

We now have 4 major locations for documentation files:
Enhanced/classlib/trunk/doc/*modulename* - classlib module specific docs
Enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/doc - original doc files donated with drlvm code
Standard/site/xdocs/subcomponents/* - classlib and drlvm recent docs
Standard/site/docs/externals/regexp|security - 2 classlib module docs
checked out from the classlib trunk into the website

As a result, some docs are distributed with code and copied to site,
some are stored at the site only, and some are duplicated and require
syncing.

I can do the cleanup to find files that exist in two variants and try
the merge, but I need to know where we're merging them to. Which option
do we prefer?
1. Continue storing docs in the trunk of code and set up externals
copying for all classlib docs and for drlvm docs?
2. Remove all docs out of trunk and store on the site only?

I'd vote for 2 - because this seems simpler and unambiguous and fewer
copies of files actually exist. However, I'd go with what gurus say.

Cheers,
Nadya