harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] finalizer design questions
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:54:41 GMT
GCV5 does not need a custom finalizer. That is what would impact modularity.
In fact, even that would not, if the interface were standardised.
However, one would prefer GC's not to provide their own implementations for
the interface since they are not fully aware of system load, and the GC dll
can be unloaded in somewhat dynamic environments.

All that has happened is that working on GCV5 has caused the current
finalizer design/implementation to be reviewed.