harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] A framework to inline API (classlib) methods as magics in JIT
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:36:59 GMT
If we are talking of intrinsics in general, the lower level factoring has
happened to some extent via the vmmagics, for api's the only way I can think
of is pick out frequently used operations from perf runs etc. as Mikhail
proposes. Some of the helper fastpaths could themselves be candidates in
jitrino.opt, several JIT's offer an intrinsic for fast alocation, for
example. We could leave the fastpaths in place for down level and new jit
compilers.