harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Markov" <mikhail.a.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Yoko: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:30:15 GMT
Vasily,

I've investigated the problem a bit and found that org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init();
call fails because there are no org.apache.yoko.orb.* classes at all in
yoko.jar file. In Yoko they are located in core directory and compiled into
a separated jar file (you may download it from
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-core/),
which is not downloaded during Harmony building.

So, the solution for this problem is simple: just download
yoko-core.jarfrom the url above, put it to the jdk/jre/lib/boot and
modify
bootclasspath.properties, but there is another important question:
Do we download yoko jars only for compilation purposes?
I suppose we want to have working CORBA implemenation in Harmony :-) and
without yoko-core.jar, i think Yoko will not work.
So, i suggest modifying the building process to download yoko-core.jar along
with other yoko jars and put it to boot directory.

What do you thinks?

Regards,
Mikhail