harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Markov" <mikhail.a.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Wise JIRA processing
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:24:48 GMT
HI!

In my opinion, it's hard to track open JIRAs now.

For example, if the JIRA is not assigned then there is no simple way to
understand if there's activity in there except opening it in web-browser and
reading comments.
Only committers could modify the status of JIRAs and put them "In progress"
mode. As we have not so many committers they could not monitor large number
of open JIRA.

One of possible solutions is implemented in Apache Geronimo project: there
is so called "JIRA contributor" role when the person could modify JIRAs like
committers (close/reopen JIRA, modify it's status etc.) but could not commit
the code to the repository.

This role seems intermediate between contributor and committer ones, some
kind of "committer kindergarten" :-).

I think that for better processing JIRA issues we could implement similar
role in Harmony (or invent something better).

What do you think?

Regards,

Mikhail