harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gcv5] is there an exclude list for "build test"?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:10:38 GMT
On 11/30/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Weldon Washburn wrote:
> > Xiao Feng,
> >
> > It would be great if you could publish something like a list of what
> tests
> > run.   I tried to run "build test" on windowsxp 32 w/ gcv5.  It looks
> like
> > all the [jvmti] tests using the JIT pass.  For some yet to be discovered
> > reason, the test suite fails when it runs the JVMTI  breakpoint1 test w/
> > interpreter.
>
> JVMTI tests are quite special because it is a quite different execution
> mode. I've made them the first in the "build test" run, but it doesn't
> mean you should start investigation with them.
>
> Try to use "build smoke.test" and "build kernel.test". These test suites
> execute VM in normal conditions, and kernel tests are executed in 3
> different mode (jet, opt, interpreter).

I ran "build kernel.test".  It ran about 50 tests successfully then hung for
a hour.  I did a control-C but now can't figure out what test was actually
hung.  There is no xml " report" file that says what failed.  All the prompt
line says is about 65  "[junit] Tests run....".  Not much to go on.  Any
suggestions?

I don't think that this new GC issue has any relation to JVMTI (well, I