harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] java.net.ServerSocketTest fails - need help
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:59:00 GMT
On 12/6/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not think that reserving one of widely used ports for tests is a good
> idea.
> Since user can run http server on his machine for example. And I do
> not think that he will be happy to switch it off each time.
>
> I think that we can reserve some port near the end of the port space.
> Somethong like 63527 or so.

Exactly! Does Harmony have lucky number? :)

Another approach is to try another port if ServerSocket reports that
> the port is busy (I do not remember does ServerSocket throw different
> exception for busy port or not...)

But it's a test for ServerSocket. We have to know whether this port is used
before testing ServerSocket.

For other tests, we've agreed to use port 0 to get a 100% free port. Sounds
reasonable?

SY, Alexey

2006/12/6, Tony Wu <wuyuehao@gmail.com>:
> > I think it is reasonable if some essential configuration should be
> > done at first when running harmony tests, especially in java.net. My
> > opinion is to fix some regular used port, like 80, 8080, etc. Users
> > should guarantee that these ports are available when running testcases
> > (we could document this in our instruction for running test).

> in

> > > So shall we reserve a port for running Harmony test and document it?
> > >
> > > Using port 0 makes the test running, but reduces it's testing value.
> > >

> > > Agree.
> > >
> > > Vasily

JIRA

--