harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] java.net.ServerSocketTest fails - need help
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 04:33:14 GMT

> On 12/6/06, Zakharov, Vasily M <vasily.m.zakharov@intel.com> wrote:
> >

> > I've investigated the http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2338
> > issue,
> > the detailed description of the problem is available at the JIRA page.
> >
> > Could anyone qualified in java.net please look into it and suggest how
> > this should be fixed?
> >
> > There's a problem with tests.api.java.net.ServerSocketTest test design
> > that uses "random" ports for testing and fails when those ports happen
> > to be occupied by other applications.
>

> Hi Zakharov, I think we've agreed to use port 0 to select a free port in
> test case.
>
> But we're doing this lazily. I'll fix ServerSocketTest soon. Thanks!

oh... Interesting. It's the test for ServerSocket. Some tests like
constructor test have to test not only 0, but also specified port.
Nevertheless, I think it's ok to use port 0 for the case described in
Harmony-2338. Comments?

 I see many apparent possible fixes for the problem, but none of them

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang