harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][security] Compatibility issue for UnresolvedPermission.getUnresolvedCerts()
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:17:24 GMT
I've been sat on HARMONY-734 for a while (for which I apologize) -- so
bringing it here to see what the opinion is about following the spec vs.
being compatible with the RI that doesn't follow the spec.

Summary is, where there are no certificates the method:
   java.security.UnresolvedPermission#getUnresolvedCerts()

returns an array of nulls on the RI, but
returns null on Harmony, as required by the spec.

Question is, would apps be dealing with null as a return value, or will
following the spec in this instance cause problems?

Thoughts?
Tim