harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing][jit] regular testing for JIT regressions on HUT
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:16:33 GMT
Alexander Kleymenov wrote:
> Stop, guys, let's think. Regression test is a test checking for
> particular problem reported and fixed before. So regression test and
> JIRA report have one-to-one correspondence. What I see at HARMONY-1531
> is a set of tests for Jitrino.OPT marked as "improvement", not as a bug.
> So, I think, these tests should go to different place, not to regression
> test suite. Right?

While I understand what a regression test is, can you help me understand
why you need to treat them differently to the functional unit tests
written by developers when the originally authored the code?  i.e. they
all still need to pass, what do you use the regression classification to do?

Regards,
Tim