harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][xml] Update version of Xerces
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:59:19 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> There are new XML Commons that are needed for 2.9.0 (xml-apis). As an
> aside to this, the XML Commons code probably needs to be pulled out of
> our "xerces" OSGi module, as it's common to both "xerces" and "xalan".
>
> BTW - I've been attempting to help the Xerces team upload the latest
> JARs to the Maven central repo (repo1.maven.org), but that's not
> moving along very quickly. I'm just mentioning this if you can't find
> the JARs on those servers.

Ack -- thanks for the note.  I'm pulling down the Xerces binary JAR from
the Apache servers and extracting the xml-apis, xercesImpl, and resolver
JARs at the moment.  However, I've not been able to figure out the cause
of a consistent failure I see locally in the Harmony test suites after
upgrading.  It doesn't help that there is no debug info in the Xerces
class files, and when I recompile the problem seems to go away (or at
least be intermittent).  I've also failed to reproduce on simpler tests.

I suspect that we have fouled earlier and this is a downstream failure,
but I haven't been able to track it down.  FYI here's the stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.xerces.dom.NamedNodeMapImpl.findNamePoint(Unknown Source)
org.apache.xerces.dom.AttributeMap.setNamedItem(Unknown Source)
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementImpl.synchronizeData(Unknown Source)
org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.getTagName(Unknown Source)
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeepNodeListImpl.nextMatchingElementAfter(Unknown
Source)
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeepNodeListImpl.item(Unknown Source)
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeepNodeListImpl.getLength(Unknown Source)
java.util.Properties.loadFromXML(Properties.java:566)
tests.api.java.util.PropertiesTest.test_storeToXMLLjava_io_OutputStreamLjava_lang_StringLjava_lang_String(PropertiesTest.java:398)
java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)

Regards,
Tim