harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Garner <robin.gar...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: [drlvm] vmmagic snapshot available
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:15:31 GMT
Hi Jin,

vmmagic is a set of extensions to Java that allow for low-level
operations of the type Java explicitly doesn't support, while
maintaining some form of type safety.

Yes, the JikesRVM project is the best place to find out how it works, as
it grew out of that project and out of the efforts to port MMTk to other

vmmagic.org was registered to allow us to separate out the specification
of vmmagic from jikesRVM, and liberalise the license.  It's not up yet,
hopefully in a few days.

Jin Mingjian wrote:
> Robin Garner:
> Hi, Robin. vmmagic.org is not accessible for me. (I don't know why).
> Can you give me more infos about vmmagic. I'm learning about Jikesrvm
> recently. Your vmmagic seems  have some relationship with Jikesrvm? (I
> guess)
> Thanks!
> Best regards,
> Jin Mingjian