harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [general] safe fetching
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:10:15 GMT
Our discussions about msvcrt71.dll and an internal thread at Intel
regarding some of our internal CC infrastructure motivates me to suggest...

We should consider allowing an override for dependency fetching in the
style of a maven repo - one root URL from which all things can be found
- to allow us to set up local caches of dependencies.

I've used this trick in the past to ensure there was oversight over
inclusions in maven-built products - we had a local maven repo that only
a few of us could update, to ensure that we had accountability over what
software was included in the builds.

Maybe we can combine this with the "common_resources" subproject I
started for the jdktools - I have yet to migrate either DRLVM or
classlib to use it, but that can be the "canonical layout" we use, and
have a separate filler-script to populate/update it.

I dunno - I'm sure that there are lots of good ideas on how to solve this...

geir