harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [General]Do we need a way to publish all harmony tests?
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:07:33 GMT

Tony Wu wrote:
> On 12/15/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you want to publish the tests in the jar with hdk to let Harmony
>> users to run the tests?
>>
> No, I think it may not be published with HDK. But it is necessary to
> supply a complete test suite separately with HDK, just like RI's TCK.

I want to emphasize that there's no parallel between our test suite, and
the TCK.  The TCK is a special test suite because passing it confers the
status of "compatibility with the spec" as defined by the JCP.

Passing the test suite for harmony means.... that you passed harmony's
test suite.

I'm sure that we all know that, but i didn't want someone from the
outside drawing the wrong conclusion, that we're somehow trying to
replace the TCK.  People have made this assumption before (and things
far weirder...)

geir