harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general][vote] new snapshots
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:26:16 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I put another set of snapshots in
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~geirm/snapshots/
>
> Due to problem w/ hotel network, the Windows JRE didn't make it, but
> it's embedded in the JDK and HDK anyway :)
>
> Give them a spin.  I've haven't tested them at all - I just created from
> latest SVN this morning.  I'll be back in US in about 10 hours, so look
> forward to the comments...

I've tried to run Harmony on a x86 server of mine and I got this:

[stefano@edna] ~/harmony-jdk-r487452 $ ./bin/java -version
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
Failed to open JVM DLL:
/home/stefano/harmony-jdk-r487452/jre/bin/default/harmonyvm
(libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

This machine is pretty much a JVM farm for our project and has pretty
much nothing installed but sshd, java, jetty and our webapps.

Linux edna 2.6.8-2-686-smp #1 SMP Thu May 19 17:27:55 JST 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

the OS is debian.

So, I've done "apt-get install libstdc++6" and now things work fine.

I think harmony should check if libstdc++ is present and complain with a
more useful error message.

--
Stefano.