harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vmi] Retrieving system properties
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:58:05 GMT
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
>> > Fixed svn as agreed, both classlib and drlvm impl.
>>
>> Given it a VMI modification I would like to have had a more coordinated
>> change, so the IBM VME can be changed too.  We are also trying to get a
>> snapshot out so this would be one I would defer until that is done.
>
> AFAIU the snapshot is pointless if taken from broken repository state.
> All CC systems were FAILED for > 2 days, since the initial
> modification which provoked this discussion. I presume it is important
> enough to get back to PASSED status quickly. Besides my speculation
> was that current agreement reflects IBM VME behavior too so it does
> not require urgent update.

The IBM builds have been working ok for ages -- that test on the latest
classlib and IBM VME.  There were some intermittent failures in Swing
tests recently that people are looking at, I don't think we all have to
stop while they do that.  The recent SecurityManager test change caused
a trap, but that has been reverted so things are stable again afaik.

As mentioned elsewhere, there is already a workaround for getting the
system property for bootclasspath, and that is working ok for the
moment.  I don't think there is any rush to get the VMI changes in place.

My understanding is that when committers are working in a module they
keep an eye open for subsequent test passes/failures.  If the tests fail
then they will go and deal with it as they see fit.  It seems to have
been working well like that so far.

I'm simply asking that the VMI changes wait for everyone to speak their
piece, the sable snapshot to be done, and a coordinated change to the
implementations effected.

Regards,
Tim