harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Java SE 6 is available
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:20:17 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Hello,
> JFYI, Sun shipped the next major Java release:
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/.

yes, and I got an amazing 40% speed improvement on winxp emulated inside
parallels on macosx over java5 on the application I'm currently working
on (some in-memory RDF manipulation library).... so much that it's
faster to run java6 on winxp emulated than it is to run it on macosx's
java5 (haven't tested harmony there yet, I'm waiting for the blessed
snapshots).

This seems to be consistent with my previous benchmarks on linux: Sun's
java6 is perceptually faster than Sun's java5.

--
Stefano.