harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:49:20 GMT

Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Talking about standard conventions, I suggest being close to
> http://httpd.apache.org/. Any other candidates?

I don't get what we're doing here.

The objection to our menu was that it was "long". The httpd site is "long".

So why not suggestion specific fixes for our site (if "long" isn't a
problem) that solve users needs rather than just switch wholesale to a
different site that was targeted at a completely different audience?

geir

>> Alexei Fedotov wrote:
>> > I like the design proposed by Nadya because it is compact. That is why
>> > the design is much friendlier for a newcomer. Gurus such as Salikh
>> > could maintain their own bookmarks for in-depth places of interest.
>> >

>> The thing to realize is that the original menu was one based on much
>> experience over many sites, with a lot of the standard conventions
>> expected by people generally familiar with open source sites.
>>
>> > I'm ok with removing a source code page since a prefferred way to get
>> > code for all except technical writers is a federated build.

>> several
>> information.
>> visitor-oriented,
>> not