harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Porting to new unix platforms
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 17:20:10 GMT
+1

comments inline

Mark Hindess wrote:
> Anyone object[0] if I change the the classlib platform-specific
> subdirectories from using os name (windows or linux) to using os family
> (windows or unix)?  I think most of the code on unix platforms is going
> to be pretty common and I'd like to start looking at freebsd.

Right - how do we go further?  I've toyed with porting the build files
to os X, and I'm itching to take a run at it again.  I do want to fix
the DRLVM build first as a prio..

> I'd also like to move the definitions that are only used in makefiles
> (hy.cflags, etc) from make/properties to depends/build/defines.mk -
> because:

Maybe throw ${harmony.platform} in there?

   depends/build/windows/....
   depends/build/unix/....
   depends/build/VMS/....

Dunno - I don't really know what's right here.