harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] X11 libs
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:31:34 GMT

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:

>> Don't you need to specify exact version of library you depend on?
>
> It is up to distributions to care about the exact version of libraries
> that they provide. When they build and test harmony with these libraries
> the exact version will be recorded in the package.

Hang on - what do you mean "when they build and test harmony?"  I'm sure
that some distros may do that - get the TCK license from Sun and test -
I'm not convinced it will be many.  It will be up to us, at least at
first, to start doing certified builds for a matrix of precise versions
and distros.  "harmony for linux" isn't going to cut the mustard.

geir