harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] upcoming snapshot (JDK this time)
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:27:38 GMT

Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> All,
> I'm compiled a really short README that could go with our next snapshot.
> http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/READMEForJDKBuild
> If it does not look too pretty, it is ok in source - formatted in .txt.
>
> Can we use this draft as the basis for a good readme?

Yep.  I'm adding some edits now.  Note that we cannot ever say that
we're compatible with the Java SE 5 spec until we actually pass the TCK.
  I'll include language in there to reflect that.

> There are some TBD items inside and the README is really very short. It
> relies on the fact that we have some /doc/ directory in the snapshot
> where we store several essential pages from the website - see the text
> for the names of pages.
> Your edits and additions are most welcome.

Edits committed.  I'm not sure that we should put too much content in
the docs directory.  I like this page you did, but maybe we should
continue to push people to the website for now?

geir