harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] jvmti.h in classlib
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:10:53 GMT
Ivan Popov wrote:
> Header file jvmti.h (as well as deprecated jvmpi.h) from classlib does
> not support C++ sources, only plain C ones. This is why JDWP agent
> code, wtitten in C++, cannot use jvmti.h from classlib.
>
> DRLVM copies of jni.h and jvmti.h correctly support both C and C++
> sources, so we could use them and get rid of classlib ones.

Its trivial to add the C++ support, so it doesn't matter which ones are
retained -- I agree a single copy of these include files is fine.

I can't think of an easy way off the top of my head to check for
equivalence between them ... any better idea than tediously comparing?

Obviously we need a copy of them available to compile the classlib
native code, so any objections to keeping them there and DRLVM picking
them up from the HDK?  Other ideas?

Regards,
Tim

--