harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] X11 libs
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:03:29 GMT
Oleg Khaschansky wrote:
>> The requirements on developers may be quite wide. I don't see a
>> problem that a
>> developer who works on awt has to have X11 installed. It seems to me
>> quite a
>> sane requirement.
>> We provide *source*. It shall be a pain (actually no pain at all,
>> Harmony is
>> not the first package in Linux history) for those who create
>> distributions to
>> arrange all necessary libraries in place.
>
> You told that we are to do the following (correct me if I am wrong):
> 1. Requre that system on which harmony is built have x11
> 2. Want people build harmony from sources instead of using binary packages
> Then how you imagine headless support in awt, which is intended for
> the configurations without x11 server installed?

Do you mean at runtime or build time?  i.e. do you envisage a "headless
build" which only allows you to build a headless implementation, or
simply require that the code is capable of running headless by not
requiring the x11 server at runtime.  or both.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)