harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: How to mark ready-to-integrate JIRAs?
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:36:19 GMT

My point was searching JIRA is more convenient than searching mail.

But that's probably due to I can't use my mailer tool, as I was pointed.

 Vasily

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geir@pobox.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 8:05 AM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to mark ready-to-integrate JIRAs?

I never tire of this ;)

inline

On Dec 27, 2006, at 5:11 PM, Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:

>> maybe we adopt a new [tag] for traffic?
>
> It seems to me, everybody would soon skip it without looking.
> And those few who wouldn't, read harmony-commits list anyway and
> see any
> changes occuring.

So if people aren't interested in it in mail traffic (and I'm telling
you there is at least one person who is - me - because I can always
take my mailbox w/ me and read it when disconnected, and search it
freely, and...), why would they be interested in it a new marker in
JIRA?

IOW, doesn't this boil down to the fact that we're looking for a
vehicle to communicate?

> It's better not to write a mail at all, than write it marking "this is
> non-important message,
> don't read it" - the result is the same, but the traffic is higher and
> more time is spent.
> And we already have a list for such "non-important" messages,
> harmony-commits.

:)  Actually, the harmony-commit stream is very, very important -
it's how we are able to help each other out and make the project
better by spotting problems immediately...

geir