harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject Issue with Yoko: ClassLoader.classes
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:15:31 GMT
Hi, all,

I was checking the output from HARMONY-2615
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2615>  stress test, and
found a couple of issues with Yoko.

org.apache.yoko.rmi.util.ClassLoaderLocal class contains the following
line in its static initializer:

	classes_vector = ClassLoader.class.getDeclaredField("classes");

This line references the classes field in class java.lang.ClassLoader,
and that field is not documented by RI API JavaDoc and so is absent in
Harmony classlib.

As the result of this issue, the classes
org.apache.yoko.rmi.util.ClassLoaderLocal and
org.apache.yoko.rmi.impl.PortableRemoteObjectExtImpl fail to load with
NoSuchFieldException.

I'm not sure what should be done to this issue.
Should we file it to Yoko JIRA as "strong bond to RI"?
Or should we add the field mentioned to Harmony classlib? :)

Vasily Zakharov