harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [drlvm][doc]Improve documentation autogenerated from DRLVM sources [was:RE: [drlvm][doc] doxygen documentation]
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:37:07 GMT

Would be great, if you could have a look.

Best regards,
Sveta
-----Original Message-----
From: Alexei Fedotov [mailto:alexei.fedotov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:19 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [drlvm][doc]Improve documentation autogenerated from DRLVM
sources [was:RE: [drlvm][doc] doxygen documentation]

Sveta,
thank you for explanations!

My point was that removing and reformatting are different things.
Developers usually don't object about reformatting, but they could
have concerns about removing something.

That is why it worth to mention few removals in a cover letter for your
patch.

Thanks!

On 12/21/06, Konovalova, Svetlana <svetlana.konovalova@intel.com> wrote:
> Alexei,
> I'd be glad to explain all the changes I made.
> They are practically the same for all headers.
>
> 1) to make the comments visible after parsing, I've repleces the
> following occurences
>  /* <text> */
>
>  ////
>  // <text>
>  ////
>
> with
>
> /**
>  * <text>
>  */
> As said in the Doxygen manual.
>

> 2) for arguments and parameters, following Doxygen formatting rules,
>
>   replaced "Parameter" with @param
>
> 3) for return values, following Doxygen formatting rules, replaced
>   "Return(s)" with @return
>
> 4) removed @author, because all donated text should belong to Harmony,
> so
>   authors are actually erased, though I'm not clear about the policy.
>
>   Please right me if I'm wrong here.
>
> 5) for note text, replaced NOTE with @note.
>
> 6) used <code> markup for classes, variables, etc
>
> These are major changes.
> Please let me know if you have questions. Would be glad to discuss any
> issues.
>
> Best regards,
> Sveta

DRLVM