harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [site][doc] does the STATUS file exist?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:56:50 GMT
Ok, thanks.  I'll make a patch to remove all STATUS info.

Best regards,
Sveta
-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geir@pobox.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:54 AM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [site][doc] does the STATUS file exist?

Erase it.  Those guidelines were taken from elsewhere when we started,
and haven't been fully adapted to our working style.

geir

Konovalova, Svetlana wrote:
> Folks,
> Surfing our site, I found out info about the STATUS file. I searched
for occurrences of this notion on the website
> and came to know that there is the following STATUS-related stuff:
>
> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/guidelines.html
> Section "STATUS" + section "When to Commit a Change" (Each developer
is responsible for notifying the mailing list and adding an action item
to STATUS when they have an idea for a new feature or major change to
propose for the product) + "Patch Format" (the patch summary in the
STATUS file should be updated to point to the Message-ID of that
message) + "Types of Action Items" etc.

> AFAYCS pretty much is said about this file, but I've never seen
it...or may be I'm the only one?

> I just wonder whether the STATUS file exists/will exist and whether we
can erase its description from the website.