harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] new dependency (was: Re: [testing][crash handling] it will nice to add *any* crash handling to build system)
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 20:29:00 GMT
All,

I am going to commit changes for HARMONY-2349 ([classlib][testing]
"detect crashes by the empty report files") now. However, I've
realized that in order to do this I need to introduce a new dependency
to our list of classlib dependencies - the ant-contrib package.
Personally I don't see any harm in this. It is quite nice package, we
can also use it for organizing iterative test runs for example.
Moreover, there is no need to force users to copy it to ANT_HOME/lib
or wherever since ant's taskdef target is capable to load JAR's
dynamically. BTW, DRLVM build has been using ant-contrib from the
beginning.

But I'd like to hear from others. Is ant-contrib ok with everyone?

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD