harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][build]Shall we check the md5 of dependencies every time before building classlib?
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:55:13 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that our build system will check md5 of dependencies after
fetching them. But it is not be done in build time when the file with
same name is already exist. I suggest that we do that everytime before
building classlib if it is not designed for flexibility intentionally.

BTW, I found that there are not only one yoko.jar in my
depends/jars[1]. IIRC, only one of them will be used actually. I guess
one have to create different directory to fetch new version of yoko
due to this problem?

My proposal is that we check the md5 and delete the file which has no
expected md5 value before starting to build classlib . Hence, if we
want to update a dependcy, we could simply change the corresponding
$dependcy.url and $dependcy.md5 and keep the $dependcy.dir and
$dependcy.jar as is in depends.properties. And another advantage is
that we could guarantee that the dependencies are exactly what we
want.

Thoughts? Concerns?Comments?

[1]
yoko_M1-20061027/yoko.jar