harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT]Would anyone help me to verify the patch of harmony-1500 on DRLVM
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:48:10 GMT
Hi Tim,
For user defined classes, I believe that no order should be presumed
when loading them from classpath. But I have no idea on which way
these vm's boot classes are loaded. This is done in VMI, I have no
source code of the IBMVM so that I could not verify how these classes
are loaded.

I found some comments in the bootclasspath.properties file. [1]

[1]
# Upon initialization the VM orders each property of the form
'bootclasspath.<n>'
# on the numerical value of 'n', and sets the bootclasspath to the
# correspondingly ordered property values.  The values are taken to be
# file paths relative to the jre/lib/boot directory.

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM