harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security] Whether to update the signed.bcprov.jar?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:12:49 GMT

On 18 December 2006 at 20:16, "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/06, Mark Hindess wrote:
> >
> > On 18 December 2006 at 13:43, "Alexey Varlamov" wrote:
> > > Stepan,
> > >
> > > I thougth we agreed to drop "signed" prefix. See also comment in the
> > > depends.properties:
> > > --------------------
> > > # will the next person to update bcprov.jar please remove the "signed."
> > > # prefix from the bcprov.jar property
> > > bcprov.dir=${depends.jars}/bcprov-jdk15-134
> > > bcprov.jar=${bcprov.dir}/signed.bcprov.jar
> > > --------------------
> >
> > Indeed.  The 'signed.' prefix was left when I removed the 'unsigning'
> > step that we needed a while back.  I couldn't remove the prefix without
> > making unnecessary work for developers so I left it to be removed next
> > time developers had to fetch a new version.
>

> Mark, sorry about that. I forgot to remove the prefix in the last moment.
>
> BTW, what do you mean by saying "I couldn't remove the prefix without making
> unnecessary work for developers"?

Well, there was already a bcprov.jar which was the unsigned version
so that file already existed and would need to be removed so that the
signed version could be renamed (or downloaded by fetch-depends for new
developers).  I suppose I could have done it in ant, but that would have
meant writing some code (quite a bit probably) that I/we would have
to remember to remove later.  I thought just writing the comment was
easier.

Regards,
 Mark.