harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][em64t] drlvm broken on em64t?
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:45:18 GMT
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 00:26 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> > Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >> This must be from the recent properties refactoring...
> >
> > I've found out the reason of the change. It is r486100 in classlib.
> > Previously there was no call to GetSystemProperty about
> > org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path. I've fixed drlvm function
> > GetSystemProperty to return VMI_ERROR_NOT_FOUND in case a property
> > cannot be found and set valuePtr to NULL (or otherwise luniglob crashes).
> >
> > This still doesn't work because org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path is
> > not set anywhere, and then bootstrap class loader fails to initialize.
> > I'm still trying to find out what else had changed.
>
> That property is constructed by luni when the .so is loaded.  If this
> doesn't work on em64t, it shouldn't work anywhere...

Yes it does not work anywhere. Just update classlib and you will see.

Take a look at the diff of r486100. Now if VMI GetSystemProperty returns that
property is not found, the function readClassPathFromPropertiesFile just
returns JNI_ERR and doesn't set any of the properties read from the
bootclasspath.properties file. I don't think it is right.

--
Gregory