harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] new dependency (was: Re: [testing][crash handling] it will nice to add *any* crash handling to build system)
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:33:44 GMT

On 12 December 2006 at 1:37, "Alexei Zakharov"
<alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice! Thank you for sharing this piece of code Mark. I also rise all
> my hands for avoiding any extra dependencies if possible. However, it
> seems that the code above misses one of the important feature from the
> original Vladimir's patch - it doesn't allow junit report to see the
> name of failed test class.

Sorry, I must have missed that point when scanning the changes.  I can
see why it might be useful to get junit to see that there has been a
problem.

> Today I was trying to rewrite your code a little bit. And I ended up
> with the following not-very-readable text:

>     <target name="fill-empty">
>        <fileset id="empty.test.reports" dir="${tests.output}">
>          <patternset>
>            <include name="TEST-*.xml"/>
>          </patternset>
>          <size value="0" when="equal"/>
>        </fileset>
>
>        <replaceregexp match=".*">
>             <fileset refid="empty.test.reports"/>
>             <substitution expression="&lt;?xml version='1.0'
> encoding='UTF-8' ?&gt;&lt;testsuite errors='1' failures='0'
> name='@@@@@' tests='1' time='0.01'&gt;&lt;testcase classname='@@@@@'
> name='testUnknow' time='0.0'&gt;&lt;error
> message='crash?'/&gt;&lt;/testcase&gt;&lt;/testsuite&gt;"/>
>        </replaceregexp>
>     </target>
>
> But I can't find a way to replace '@@@@@' with the name of failed test
> class using only core ant tasks (see Vladimir's patch). Of course I
> can be not good enough in it.  If there is such way could you please
> give us a hint?

I can't see how to do exactly what you want, but perhaps it would be
sufficient to use the echo task to create a "TEST-crashed.xml" file with
the list of tests (pathconvert with dirsep="${line.separator}") as the
error message?

HTH,
 Mark.