harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build] Release/debug builds for classlib
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:34:31 GMT

On 7 December 2006 at 17:00, "Alexey Petrenko"
<alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I want to modify classlib build system to allow to build natives in
> debug and release modes. We definitely need this feature if we want to
> talk about Harmony performance.
>
> I'll introduce new build property hy.build.config with two possible
> values: debug and release. Debug will be default of course.
>
> There is HARMONY-803 issue which implements debug/release switching
> for linux. Is there any progress on this issue? Mark?

I'd not been applying the patches in that JIRA because I was hoping to
keep unix and windows consistent.  But ...

Due to the restructuring to enable me to look at porting to new
platforms, these patches would no longer apply and so I decided to
implement the changes myself.  I committed something like the linux
patches in H-803 earlier in the week, in r483045.  Is that not
sufficient? "ant -Dhy.cfg=release" for a release. "hy.cfg=debug" is the
default - which is really handy for me at the moment. ;-(

> If nobody objects I'll start to commit the changes in next few days.

I'm not sure I see what changes you mean, but changes similar to the
unix ones in r483045 for windows would be good.  I'm not really familiar
enough with windows compile flags to do it (or at least not quickly).

Regards,
 Mark.